2013/03/12

What Should I Do If I Forgot My Windows 7 Admin Password

I forgot my Windows 7 admin password, need to change or reset it!

I lost the Windows 7 password on my new computer and I can't log in it in any way. I'd been the administrator for the new computer to be the account. Now I have to use my old windows XP computer to request help. How can I change my password to a new one so that I could log into my administrator account?


recover Win 7 password

Many simple methods are available to opt for and have use of laptop computer again as before. Many of the methods are so simple, simple enough that also a new user can readily follow while they do not require any difficult recovery consoles or complicated commands. One can easily go through following steps and acquire new password while recovering windows. 

UAC is already off while in Safe Mode. Furthermore, UAC has nothing to do with passwords and cannot be used to reset them.

Changing the computer's password using CMD is quite easy and hardly takes a minute. It doesn't only save time but you can apply some mischief applying this trick because when we change Win7 login password using CMD, you don't need to type the old password. The below are steps to change password with CMD:
 

Step 1: Click Start and then in the search box, type CMD.
Step 2: Right click on CMD and then select "Run as Administrator". (You must run CMD as administrator or else it won't work).
Step 3: Then enter the following commands in Command prompt (CMD).
Net user
Net user Computer name *
Then type the new password.
Again retype the same new password
Press enter key and you are done!


reset Windows 7 password

Please note that:
• The Computer name is your computer name.
• The password that you will input will not be listed.
 

From the above methods, we know that there must need admin account to run CMD.
 

Also, we know that someone may do some mischief with CMD to change password. Now, the problem is how could we prevent someone from resetting Windows 7 password? There are three methods:
 

Method 1. Put the original sethc.exe file back
Method 2. Don't let people sit at your computer or laptop with a Windows DVD at hand...
Method 3. Go to BIOS > change the boot sequence > HDD first > and then set a BIOS password, so not everyone can boot your computer from Windows 7 DVD.


Well, if all the above suggested solutions don’t work for us, the quickest way is to use pro app – Windows Password Recovery Tool
It has helped millions of Windows computer users to reset lost or forgotten login password on various Windows operation system, such as Windows 8/7/Vista/XP, Server 2008/2003, etc.

The Youtube video on how to remove Windows password will surely give you a hand: http://youtu.be/s0Dhg-YLHxg.


Source: Forgot Win 7 Password

No comments:

Post a Comment